TCA is a highly integrated acoustic test solution that provides the hardware and software required for the automatic testing of almost any type of analog and digital phone or electro acoustic device.
The system can be optionally configured with a VoIP software interface, analog PSTN interface, cellular RF base station simulator, wireless DECT, Wi-Fi base stations, Bluetooth wireless interface, and acoustic interfaces: HATS (Head and Torso Simulator) or test head.
The interfaces are configured and automatically controlled through the system software and calibrated together with the system.
- Cellular phones (GSM, UMTS, CDMA , WCDMA, CDMA 2000) Programmable Call, Answer, Disconnect
- VoIP phones (SIP and H.323)
- Wi-Fi handsets
- Soft phones
- DECT phones
- Bluetooth hands-free and headsets
- USB phones and adapters
- Analog telephones (only TCA 8200)
- Cordless telephones
Handset phones are placed in HATS (Head And Torso Simulator) or in a test head which provides the reference standard positions from the built-in ear and mouth simulators.
The ear and mouth simulators are connected to the TCA 8200 internal input pre-amplifier and output power amplifier. Hands-free phones should be tested in a quiet environment such as an anechoic chamber with a test head that has a hands-free positioner or with HATS (depending on the standards).
- Sending and Receiving:
- Sensitivity/ frequency response,
- Loudness rating (SLR, ROLR, RLR),
- Volume control,
- Sidetone Masking Rating (STMR),
- Sidetone Delay
- Spectrum analysis with stimulus, Sound Pressure Level (SPL), instability and howling, echo return loss and acoustic shock protection
- Terminal weighted coupling loss single talk & double talk (TCLwst & TCLwdt)
- Voice Quality Testing (PESQ, POLQA)
- Hearing aid compatibility magnetic testing.
Tests are performed according to procedures and specifications defined in ITU-T, ETSI, TIA and other standards .
User-defined tests can also be performed.
PBX manufacturers will find the TCA 8200 broad range of interfaces (Analog FXS & FXO, T1, E1, PRI, VoIP) useful for testing proprietary phones together with PBXs.
Coupled with additional testing capabilities such as analog PSTN interface testing, analog & VoIP signaling functional testing and simulation and SIP (VoIP) protocol conformance testing, the TCA 8200 is a comprehensive tool for conformance, R&D, QA and production testing of phones.
Production test applications benefit from the TCA 8200 high-speed testing, automation, user-defined tests and suites and a robust test head especially designed for quick and repeated handset placement.