At Environmental testing a product is subject to conditions that it is expected to endure during transportation, storage and operation such as temperature, humidity, altitude, mechanical shock, vibration substances ingress and contamination.
Hermon Laboratories offers the following environmental tests:
- Vibration testing
- Shock testing
- Temperature & Humidity testing
- Altitude testing
- Loose Cargo (Bounce)
- Drop test
- Explosive atmosphere
- Rain test
- IP code testing
- Salt fog testing
- Wind machine
- Contamination (Liquid susceptibility)
- HALT & HASS
- Sand and Dust
- Solar radiation
Specialized in military Environmental testing (MIL-STD)
Military equipment must comply with stringent environmental standards due to extreme operating conditions and high risk for collateral damage. For example, avionics equipment installed in a fighter jet must endure extreme acceleration, vibrations, and pressure conditions. In addition, it should be able to operate safely in a potentially explosive environment.
Hermon Laboratories offers a wide range of environmental tests for military and aeronautical applications according to MIL-STD-810, RTCA DO-160 and other standards.
Custom tailored tests according to client requirements can be performed upon request.
Hermon Laboratories also provides support, control plan and test plan preparation services.
Preliminary NEBS Testing
NEBS is required by North American and other-countries providers for telecommunications equipment installed in a Central Office (CO).
The test and design requirements are defined in Telcordia GR-1089 and GR-63 standards.
Herman Laboratories provides preliminary NEBS testing ensuring that products will meet the standard requirements before final testing.
HALT & HASS Testing
HALT / HASS is the quickest and most economical way to improve product reliability.
HALT (Highly Accelerated Life Test) is used to discover design flaws by exposing the product to combined thermal, tri-axial vibration, voltage stresses and cycles.
HASS (Highly Accelerated Stress Screening) tests performed at the production stage employ environmental conditions similar to HALT. The test limits of HASS are frequently well beyond the qualification level, but not at the extreme stress levels conducted in HALT tests.
Hermon Laboratories team of professionals provide comprehensive services including test plan preparation, testing, root cause analysis, and support for product design & reliability improvement.
Hermon Laboratories uses the most advanced testing equipment featuring:
- High temperature, low temperature, rapid temperature cycling combined with tri-axial vibration, software-controlled.
- Large work size vibration table with 90% of vibration energy concentrated in the 5 – 4000 Hz low frequency range and applied equally to all axes. Tri-Axial vibrations, Six-Degree-of-Freedom (6DoF) with a non-coherent broadband spectrum of 5-10000 Hz at a level up to 100 gRMS.
- Pneumatic actuators.
- A closed loop cascade temperature control, based on measurement of air and product temperature, with an accuracy of ±10C (after maximum stabilization for 2 minutes).
- FFT and Failure analysis